Birch/Leon Andrews Photos: Leon Andrews
Installing new HiFlow
Injectors - Injectors I-NEWTSGRO8A-1 New Toyota Injector 2LTE @ $74.00 each
A Full instrcution manual comes with the injectors from
hiflow made for the 2LT (and 3L aussie) engine which is easy to follow. All
the info from this write up is taken from that.
I started at 9.oo am and had the motor running and warm by 10.30 am.
The only real problem I uncounted was you do need a bendy ½” square
drive. ( universal drive) to get at number 3 Injector.
The other thing I found out is when priming the lines it’s better to depress
the throttle a little to get some fuel flow.
Also maintain the highest level of clenleness during removal and installation
of injectors, dirt is the biggest enemy an injector can face. It is recomended
to have the engein steamed cleaned or deagressed before installation.
The diagram below shows the basic install of the
injector system for the 2LT surf engine for reference and washers etc.
The injectors as they arrived
with washers and fittings. also came with caps on either side to keep
1) Remove intake piping from aircleaner to Turbo, then
rremove intake pipe from turbo to inlet manofld (the easist way to do
this is to unbolt the bend into the throttle body.
2) Remove injector line clamps
3) disconnect the fuel hose from the fuel return line
4) Clean around injector lines at the pump end, loosen
union nuts at injector end and pump end, and remove fuel lines.
5) If possible cover open lines on pump with caps or
clean lint free cloth.
6) Remove fuel return line, by removing the four
nuts and aluminium leak off washers
7) Remove injectors using Hi-flow injector tool
HF213 (21mm deep reach socket)
8) Remove ALL in jector washers, one is a small
heat shiel washer located at the bottom of injector pocket in cylinder
9) The other is a brass injector to head sealing washer, DO
NOT USE A SHARP INSTRUMENT such as a screwdriver as this could cause serious
damge to seat are.
IMPORTANT - thoroughly clean injector pocket using lint free cloth. ALL
traces of carbon must be removed (especially from washer seat area)
This is a picture of number three injector.this is where
you need a bendy ½” square drive. ( universal drive) to get
at the injector, although if you remove this inlet bend which has 4 nuts
it will make it easier as it the inlet will be out of the way.
Install new injectors:
1) Install new injector washes into cylinder head
2) Smear antiseaz compound on injector threads
3) Reomve plastic nozzle protector cap, leave top cap on, screw in injector
by hand., under no circumstances do not force the injector into the pocket.
4) Using socket tool tighetn Injectors.
Torque specs: 650 KG CM 47ft-lb 64 NM
CAUTION - do not overtighten as this
5) Remove protective cap off top of washer, instlal aluminium washer off
washers (use vaseline to centralise)
6) Clean and check return lines to injectors, install with nuts. Tighten
gradually, avoid stressing the line:
T orque specs : 300 KG CM 22ft-lb 29NM
7) Connect the fuel hose to the fuel return line
8) Install the two fuel line clamps on the intake manifold
9) If possible blow out fuel lines with compressed air.
10) connect fuel lines at both ends and install injector line clamps and
install intake pipe.
Torque specs: 150 KG CM 11ft-lb 15NM
11) Now back off the injector line fitting nut at the injector by 1/2
12) Depress accelerate and crank engine untill fuel flows from the injector
line fitting nut.
13) re tighten to abve torque specs.
14) start the engine and check for fuel leaks.
IMPORTANT - do not rev the engine on initial startup as it may
cause the injector nozzle to bind and result in a sticking injector.
It is also recomended to change the fuel filter at the same time.